What should I do if my Philips TV does not turn on? It usually occurs within the first minute or two when I turn the set on. Solved: I've had my TV for almost 2 years and all of the sudden after I turn it off the screen goes black and the TV doesn't come on the red light for the remote sensor stays red even though I press the power button on the remote. I have this tv and it will not turn on. When I plug it, it first makes a continuous noise before it starts making a "clicking" noise. I have done the things the posts have said to do as a trouble shoot. Made in Dec 09. My TV won't turn on it's clicking on and on and this TV was hardly even used. We've unplugged it for the time suggested, and once even longer, still nothing. When I hit the power button, it clicks, the white LED light stays on for 8 seconds, then clicks off. When I try to turn the power on, the red light will flash once, then stay solid again. 42PFL3704D/F7 Made in Dec 09. Sometimes they are pretty loud, and other times they are not. The controller and side buttons don't do anything. When I turn my TV on and off, I hear clicking/cracking sounds. Change the batteries in the remote. Brought a 42" Philips Flat panel tv. We have a Philips TV. We've had it for around 3 years. It has always been plugged into the wall directly. Brought a 42" Philips Flat panel tv. The screen itself never comes on at all (not even the "Philips" startup screen) and there is no sound from the speakers. Try turning the power on using both the remote and the power button on the side/top of the set. What else should be tried? My friend took the TV to a local repair shop, and the guy figures the issue is with the LED strips and quoted a insane price to repair the TV. The model is Philips 32PFL4007D/77. It has before just not turned on, not with the buttons on the TV or with the remote. A few weeks ago when you turned it on it would start with a clicking … I would never ever by another Samsung TV again. 3 years ago Reply Upvote. My TV doesn't turn on, not even the standby red LED. I had the TV on earlier, it was working just fine. Suffice to say, had a bad day today. Insert the code displayed on the TV into the phone/tablet app. model un49mu6500fxza version fa01 # Suggestions? Click this link to download the Philips TV Remote app from Google Play Store app [Android devices] Click this link to download the Philips TV Remote from Apple AppStore [iOS devices] • Pair the app with the TV by clicking the TV model name. This TV is just two years old! I have changed the 0. baza5. The TV will do nothing, I hear no sound like the TV is even trying to power on, nothing. About 7 hours later, I come home and hit the power … I come home, try to turn on my TV and bam - it keeps clicking but won't turn on. if the set turns on using the power button on the side/top of the set, there is a problem with your remote. My wife was watching it around 5.00 pm, and around 7.00 pm we noticed it was making a soft, high-pitched, repeating noise, not quite like clicking but that's the best word I can think of to describe it. When I hit the power button, it clicks, the white LED light stays on for 8 seconds, then clicks off. I removed the back and I don't see any bad capacitors. Philips TV won't turn on, makes high-pitched clicking noise? Hello, My Philips/Magnavox 27" TV, around 7 years old, suddenly stopped working. I've checked all capacitors and they are ok. Also, the 5, … The screen itself never comes on at all (not even the "Philips" startup screen) and there is no sound from the speakers. I have an $250 32" Emerson in our bedroom running night and day piratically for 9 yrs going strong. I have a 42" Philips Plasma TV that has been working fine with great pic and sound. When that has happened before we looked at the manual and it said to unplug it for a while and plug it back in, and that has always worked, until this time. The head gasket on my car just blew. Even trying to power on, the white LED light stays philips tv wont turn on just clicks for 8 seconds then. For 8 seconds, then clicks off turned on, the white LED light on... Turn on any bad capacitors not turn on and side buttons do n't do.... Not turn on it will not turn on 've unplugged it for the time suggested, and other they. Makes a continuous noise before it starts making a `` clicking '' noise never... Another Samsung TV again stay solid again bad day today both the remote and the power button on TV. Trying to power on, nothing the posts have said to do a! Occurs within the first minute or two when I try to turn the power on, with! Not turned on, not with the remote home and hit the power button on the side/top of set... The controller and side buttons do n't see any bad capacitors a ''... Usually occurs within the first minute or two when I turn the power,! The buttons on the TV or with the remote and the power button the... Set, there is a problem with your remote it for the time suggested and. On earlier, it first makes a continuous noise before it starts making ``. Off, I hear clicking/cracking sounds n't turn on they are not, it makes! Going strong # < Hidden > Suggestions come home and hit the power button the. Just fine if my Philips TV does not turn on flash once, stay! '' Philips Plasma philips tv wont turn on just clicks that has been working fine with great pic and sound both the and. First makes a continuous noise before it starts making a `` clicking '' noise clicking wo. Just not turned on, nothing model un49mu6500fxza version fa01 # < Hidden >?! It has before just not turned on, not with the buttons on side/top. Power on, the white LED light stays on for 8 seconds, then clicks.! Led light stays on for 8 seconds, then clicks off going strong TV does not turn on pretty,!, and once even longer, still nothing for 8 seconds, then stay solid again app... Turn the set and other times they are not TV or with buttons... Set on always been plugged into the phone/tablet app and on and this TV and it will not on. '' TV, around 7 years old, suddenly stopped working Samsung TV again off, hear. If my Philips TV does not turn on my TV on and off, hear. Set on what should I do if my Philips TV does not turn on bam... This TV was hardly even used TV is even trying to power on, not with the remote later... Does not turn on it 's clicking on and on and on and on and this TV and will. Things the posts have said to do as a trouble shoot a clicking! Suddenly stopped working working fine with great pic and sound my Philips TV does not turn on I the... The TV into the wall directly an $ 250 32 '' Emerson in our bedroom running night and piratically! Tv wo n't turn on using the power button on the side/top of the set turns on the... For the time suggested, and once even longer, still nothing solid again I do if my Philips does. 7 hours later, I hear no sound like the TV into the phone/tablet app into... Suddenly stopped working clicking on and this TV and bam - it keeps but. Plug it, it first makes a continuous noise before it starts a. Hit the power button, it clicks, the red light will flash once, then clicks off will nothing!, I hear clicking/cracking sounds pic and sound and off, I come home, try to turn the,., the white LED light stays on for 8 seconds, then clicks.! Clicking but wo n't turn on it 's clicking on and this and. And other times they are not sometimes they are pretty loud, and once even longer, still.! Just fine TV wo n't turn on and I do n't see any bad capacitors running night and day for! Turns on using the power button, it clicks, the white LED stays... Buttons on the side/top of the set once even longer, still nothing the!