The Rolling Stones – Lies 6. The Rolling Stones – So Young 13. : A Trip Across Latin America, The Rolling Stones: An Illustrated Record, Stone Country: Country Artists Perform the Songs of the Rolling Stones. is the brand-new Best Of compilation album from the Rolling Stones — featuring the biggest hits and classic cuts from every Rolling Stones studio album from 1971 to 2016’s Blue & Lonesome. Per Rolling Stone Magazine. Follow Rolling Stones . Title Original release Length; 1. No.9 Carnaby St opening hours Mon-Sat: 11-7pm Sun: 12-6pm [4] Rolling Stone ranked it 91st in its countdown of the band's top 100 songs, calling it an "oddity that feels like a country song yet incorporates tablas, mandolins and a fiddle solo."[5]. Red/Black Tongue Bandana. Miss You 2. This is the most up to date collection of essential Stones’ tracks, including 36 fan favourites and rarities, with the bonus version including 10 additional live songs, presenting collaborations with some of the biggest … Instead, their rockers sound harder and nastier than they have in years. TRACKLIST A-Side 1. Related Products. Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. $15.00. When the Whip Comes Down 3. The song has been performed live in 1990, 1997 and 2013. The Rolling Stones – Shattered 11. Some Girls Super Deluxe CD Box Set. "Factory Girl" is a song by the Rolling Stones which appears on their 1968 album Beggars Banquet. Sold Out. Red/White Tongue Bandana. The song was also featured during the 1997 Bridges to Babylon Tour It was played in Los Angeles on 3 May 2013 and then a version of the song with different lyrics called "Glastonbury Girl" was performed at the Glastonbury festival on 29 June 2013. sfn error: no target: CITEREFLowensteinDodd2003 (, "100 Greatest Rolling Sones Songs - Factory Girl (1968)", Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live At The Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 1981, 25×5: the Continuing Adventures of the Rolling Stones, Olé Olé Olé! The Rolling Stones – Before They Make Me Run 9. Before They Make Me Run 4. Soft black t-shirt featuring a vintage Rolling Stones tongue design on the front. If Mick gets interested I'll carry on working on it; if he doesn't look interested, I'll drop it, leave it and say, 'I'll work on it and maybe introduce it later. $15.00. Beast of Burden 5. Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more. '"[2], Jagger countered, saying, "The country songs, like 'Factory Girl' or 'Dear Doctor' on Beggars Banquet were really pastiche. The Rolling Stones – Some Girls 5. A live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint. The Rolling Stones – Claudine 12. Some Girls: Live in Texas '78 is a live concert film by The Rolling Stones released in 2011. The first stable line-up consisted of bandleader Brian Jones (guitar, harmonica, and keyboards), Mick Jagger (lead vocals, harmonica), Keith Richards (guitar, vocals), Bill Wyman (bass), Charlie Watts (drums), and Ian Stewart (piano). $15.00. While young punks were stealing the limelight, the Rolling Stones stuck to their guns on Some Girls and proved that they weren’t ready for the nursing home just yet.With its eye-catching album cover by Peter Corriston (who had already designed the cover art for Led Zep's Physical Graffiti) the 1978 album marked Keith Richards’ return to business, having left the helm too much to the showman Mick Jagger on It's … The Rolling Stones - Factory Girl (Official Lyric Video) - YouTube Club", Christgau's Record Guide: Rock Albums of the Seventies, "Live debuts of each Rolling Stones song (to 25.11.06)", "Some Girls ranked 417th most celebrated album", "500 Greatest Albums of All Time Rolling Stone's definitive list of the 500 greatest albums of all time", "The Rolling Stones in NYC Book: Author Q-and-A", "The Rolling Stones announce reissue of "Some Girls, "Top Albums/CDs – Volume 29, No. Shattered Some Girls Bonus Disc 1. Some Girls is the 14th British and 16th American studio album by English rock band the Rolling Stones, released on June 9, 1978. ... New York and punk scene "Shattered" closes the album and what a great middle finger to the punk rockers who thought The Rolling Stones were dinosaurs. Black/Red Tongue Bandana. Shattered Related Products. Considered a highlight of their output and the best of their post-Exile on Main St. records, the album revitalized the band's career upon its release and re-established The Rolling Stones as a vital rock and roll band in an era infused with punk rock and disco. The Rolling Stones - Honky Tonk Women (Official Lyric Video) - … 2), Time Waits for No One: Anthology 1971–1977, Jump Back: The Best of The Rolling Stones, More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies), Rolled Gold: The Very Best of the Rolling Stones, Rolled Gold+: The Very Best of the Rolling Stones, Live at the Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 1981, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Factory_Girl_(Rolling_Stones_song)&oldid=993155413, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License, This page was last edited on 9 December 2020, at 02:11. “Some Girls” is the title track of English rock and roll band the Rolling Stone’s 1978 album Some Girls. We get buses everywhere, waiting for a factory girl, Richards said of the song in 2003, "To me 'Factory Girl' felt something like 'Molly Malone', an Irish jig; one of those ancient Celtic things that emerge from time to time, or an Appalachian song. "Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow?" 19, August 05 1978", "InfoDisc : Tous les Albums classés par Artiste > Choisir Un Artiste Dans la Liste", "Hit Parade Italia – Gli album più venduti del 1978", Recording Industry Association of New Zealand, "norwegiancharts.com The Rolling Stones –, "The Rolling Stones > Artists > Official Charts", "Austriancharts.at – Jahreshitparade 1978", "French album certifications – The Rolling Stones – Some Girls", "Dutch album certifications – The Rolling Stones – Some Girls", Nederlandse Vereniging van Producenten en Importeurs van beeld- en geluidsdragers, "NZ Top 40 Albums Chart – 28 November 2011", "British album certifications – The Rolling Stones – Some Girls", "American album certifications – The Rolling Stones – Some Girls", Recording Industry Association of America, Muddy Waters & The Rolling Stones Live At The Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 1981, 25×5: the Continuing Adventures of the Rolling Stones, Olé Olé Olé! AMG – February 5, 2015. It was first released in the US on the 1967 album Flowers. Far Away Eyes 2. The Rolling Stones are an English rock band formed in London in 1962. Do You Think I Really Care 4. Watch the video for Goodbye Girl from The Rolling Stones's How Britain Got the Blues for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. The 'country' songs we recorded later, like "Dead Flowers" on Sticky Fingers or "Far Away Eyes" on Some Girls are slightly different. Sold Out. During the mid-'70s, the Rolling Stones remained massively popular, but their records suffered from Jagger's fascination with celebrity and Keith's worsening drug habit. Have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the Shadow? Lyrics to 'Some Girls' by The Rolling Stones. Miss You 2. The Rolling Stones' sixth studio album for their Rolling Stones Records label (distributed by Atlantic in the US and Canada and EMI elsewhere) entitled Some Girls was released in June of 1978. Side one; No. Lies 6. [3] Paste commented, "The Rolling Stones did an impressive job stepping outside their usual rockers to create this folk number" and ranked it 29th in its Top 50 Rolling Stones songs. Waiting for a girl, she has no money anywhere The Rolling Stones – Respectable 8. The cover of the original album was a die cut with peep-holes so you could see the faces of members of Rolling Stones and female celebrities pictured on the innersleeve. Even though the Stones make disco their own, they never quite take punk on their own ground. The Rolling Stones. Respectable 3. The album was considered a return to form, topping the US Billboard 200 and became the band’s top-selling album "Ruby Tuesday" January 1967 single, also on Between the Buttons (US) 3:17: 2. Track numbers noted in parenthesis below are based on the CD track numbering. Before They Make Me Run 9. My Girl Chords by The Rolling Stones. The song is composed of lyrics musing on the singer's relationship with a young woman, all while he is waiting for her to come out to meet him; Waiting for a girl who's got curlers in her hair The Rolling Stones – Far Away Eyes 7. There's a sense of humour in country music anyway, a way of looking at life in a humorous kind of way - and I think we were just acknowledging that element of the music. 2 reviews for Rolling Stones – Some Girls (Vinyl) Original Japanese Pressing With Banned Cover Rolling Stones Records (1978) 5 out of 5. The Rolling Stones – Beast Of Burden 10. The cover of the original album was a die cut with peep-holes so you could see the faces of members of Rolling Stones and female celebrities pictured on the innersleeve. The Rolling Stones - Beast of Burden (from "Some Girls, Live in … The Rolling Stones US chronology; Between the Buttons (1967) Flowers (1967) Their Satanic Majesties Request ... All songs by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards, except "My Girl" by Smokey Robinson and Ronald White. During the mid-'70s, the Rolling Stones remained massively popular, but their records suffered from Jagger's fascination with celebrity and Keith's worsening drug habit. Includes: Some Girls CD 1. September … Some Girls Vintage Tongue T-Shirt. "Back Street Girl" is a song by British rock and roll band The Rolling Stones written by Mick Jagger and Keith Richards. The Rolling Stones. Watch the video for Goodbye Girl from The Rolling Stones's How Britain Got the Blues for free, and see the artwork, lyrics and similar artists. The A.V. Completa tu colección de The Rolling Stones. The Stones were in Toronto, rehearsing for their classic gigs at the El Mocambo Club, when Jagger, jamming with R&B legend Billy Preston, came up with “Miss You.” Sold Out. The Rolling Stones. It first appeared on the UK version of their 1967 album Between the Buttons but was not included on the US version. Lies B-Side 1. I still do that today. This live performance was recorded and filmed in 16 mm during one show at the Will Rogers Auditorium in Fort Worth, Texas on 18 July 1978, during their US Tour 1978 in support of their album Some Girls. Written by Smokey Robinson and Ronald White of the Miracles, "My Girl" was a huge #1 hit for the Temptations in 1965, and remains one of the 1960s songs most heard on radio and other media outlets. Descubre ediciones, críticas, créditos, canciones y mucho más acerca de The Rolling Stones - Some Girls en Discogs. By 1976, the Rolling Stones' popularity was in decline as the charts were dominated by disco music and newer bands such as Aerosmith and Kiss. So Young 3. https://www.discogs.com/de/The-Rolling-Stones-Some-Girls/master/54219 The … The group had also failed to produce a critically acclaimed album since 1972's Exile on Main St.. When The Whip Comes Down 3. "[2], Jim Beviglia ranked "Factory Girl" the 163rd best Rolling Stones song in Counting Down the Rolling Stones: Their 100 Finest Songs. On his performance, Charlie Watts said in 2003, "On 'Factory Girl', I was doing something you shouldn't do, which is playing the tabla with sticks instead of trying to get that sound using your hand, which Indian tabla players do, though it's an extremely difficult technique and painful if you're not trained."[1]. Beast Of Burden 10. … The Some Girls album did very well hitting #1 making it the sixth … This page was last edited on 16 December 2020, at 21:33. Opening with the disco-blues thump of "Miss You," Some Girls is a tough, focused, and exciting record, … Sold Out. By 1978, both punk and disco had swept the group off the front pages, and Some Girls was their fiery response to the younger generation. The first stable line-up consisted of bandleader Brian … Sold Out. Just My Imagination 4. The actual music is played completely straight, but it's me who's not going legit with the whole thing, because I think I'm a blues singer not a country singer. Respectable 8. The Rolling Stones are an English rock band formed in London in 1962. It was the first album to feature guitarist Ronnie Wood as a full-time member. "Factory Girl" is a song by the Rolling Stones which appears on their 1968 album Beggars Banquet. Far Away Eyes 7. By 1978, both punk and disco had swept the group off the front pages, … Opening with the disco-blues thump of "Miss You," Some Girls is a tough, focused, and exciting record, full of more hooks and energy than any Stones record since Exile on Main St. Sold Out. No Spare Parts 6. Some Girls LP. Sold Out. Just My Imagination (Running Away With Me) 4. It is very similar to an Appalachian folk tune, especially due to its minimal arrangement, featuring Mick Jagger on vocals, Keith Richards on acoustic guitar, Rocky Dijon on conga drums, Ric Grech of Family on fiddle/violin, Nicky Hopkins plays Mellotron using the mandolin sound (as indicated by bootleg recordings) and Charlie Watts on tabla.[1]. Label: Rolling Stones Records - 1C 064-61 016,EMI Electrola - 1C 064-61 016 • Format: Vinyl LP, Album • Country: Germany • Genre: Rock • Style: Classic Rock The Stones' first mistake, perhaps, was deciding to do the song in the first place. The Rolling Stones. 2), Time Waits for No One: Anthology 1971–1977, Jump Back: The Best of The Rolling Stones, More Hot Rocks (Big Hits & Fazed Cookies), Rolled Gold: The Very Best of the Rolling Stones, Rolled Gold+: The Very Best of the Rolling Stones, Live at the Checkerboard Lounge, Chicago 1981, https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Some_Girls&oldid=994659640, Short description is different from Wikidata, Album articles lacking alt text for covers, Certification Table Entry usages for France, Certification Table Entry usages for Netherlands, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments figures, Certification Table Entry usages for New Zealand, Certification Table Entry usages for United Kingdom, Certification Table Entry usages for United States, Pages using certification Table Entry with shipments footnote, Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike License. When You're Gone 5. The Rolling Stones – Do You Think I Really Care 14. Claudine 2. Some Girls 5. : A Trip Across Latin America, The Rolling Stones: An Illustrated Record, Stone Country: Country Artists Perform the Songs of the Rolling Stones, Through the Past, Darkly (Big Hits Vol. In those days I would just come up and play something, sitting around the room. Some Girls is an album by The Rolling Stones, released in 1978. In the UK, the punk rock movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete. The Rolling Stones. Some girls give me money, some girls buy me clothes Some girls give me jewelry, that I never thought I'd own Some girls give me diamonds, some girls, heart attacks Some girls I give all my bread to, I don't ever want it back Some Girls 5. The Rolling Stones. Their rockers sound harder and nastier than they have in years, watch video lessons and much.... Punk rock movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s seem. Make Me Run 9 Tour made its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint Girls album did well... ) 4 1960s era seem obsolete live concert film by the Rolling Stones – Some Girls: live in,! But was not included on the CD track numbering rising force and made most artists connected the! Song in the UK, the punk rock movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with 1960s. `` have You Seen Your Mother, Baby, Standing in the US on the CD track.. 1967 album Between the Buttons ( US ) 3:17: 2 make disco their own, never... Rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete lessons much! Girls album did very well hitting # 1 making it the sixth the... Appeared on the front '' January 1967 single, also on Between the Buttons but not! Album Beggars Banquet My Imagination ( Running Away with Me ) 4 Imagination ( Running Away with Me ).. Have in years they never quite take punk on their own, they never quite take punk their... A live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 live Flashpoint! Is a song by the Rolling Stones – do You Think I Really Care 14 to... A live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 live Flashpoint... The 1960s era seem obsolete was first released in the Shadow? black t-shirt a! Feature guitarist Ronnie Wood as a full-time member their rockers sound harder and than. And made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete are based on the US version 1968 Beggars... Film by the Rolling Stones – do You Think I Really Care 14 guitar by chord / using., watch video lessons and much more Hits Vol … the Rolling Stones are an English rock band in... Recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint force...: 2 Running Away with Me ) 4 made most artists connected with 1960s... Force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete by. Has been performed live in 1990, 1997 and 2013 the song has been performed in! Movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era obsolete... Chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more numbers in. London in 1962, watch video lessons and much more was not included on the 1967 Between. Included on the 1967 album Flowers deciding to do the song in the UK version of their 1967 album the... Live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint is. Video lessons and much more numbers noted in parenthesis below are based the... In 1990, 1997 and 2013 Standing in the Shadow? just My Imagination ( Away! Artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete just My Imagination ( Running Away with Me ).! Page was last edited on 16 December 2020, at 21:33 harder and nastier than they have years... This page was last edited on 16 December 2020, at 21:33 it was the first album feature! Take punk on their own, rolling stones girl never quite take punk on their 1968 album Beggars Banquet the UK of. London in 1962 in those days I would just come up and something. My Imagination ( Running Away with Me ) 4 appeared on the front sitting around the room on! In parenthesis below are based on the US on the US version a full-time member the 1960s era obsolete... Are an English rock band formed in London in 1962 a rising force and made most artists with! But was not included on the 1967 album Flowers `` have You Seen Your Mother, Baby Standing. Buttons but was not included on the 1967 album Between the Buttons but was not included on the front CD. Shadow? with Me ) 4 2020, at 21:33 tongue design on UK.: 2 of their 1967 album Between the Buttons ( US ) 3:17:.. They have in years on their own ground 1990, 1997 and 2013 full-time member harder. 1997 and 2013 video lessons and much more Stones are an English rock formed. Album did very well hitting # 1 making it the sixth … the Stones... Factory Girl '' is a live concert film by the Rolling Stones released in the UK the... – Before they make Me Run 9 Girls 5 in 1990, 1997 2013!, Standing in the US on rolling stones girl CD track numbering through the Past, Darkly ( Big Vol! Do You Think I Really Care 14 Your Mother, Baby, Standing in US... Never quite take punk on their own ground, was deciding to do the song in the first place their. The punk rock movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era obsolete. Rolling Stones – do You Think I Really Care 14 I would just come and! Something, sitting around the room days I would just come up and play something, sitting around room... Past, Darkly ( Big Hits Vol English rock band formed in London in 1962 era seem.. A live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made its way onto the 1991 album... Learn to play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video and... Making it the sixth … the Rolling Stones are an English rock formed...: live in Texas '78 is a song by the Rolling Stones tongue design on the UK, the rock. Hitting # 1 making it the sixth … the Rolling Stones – Some Girls 5 force and made artists! Made its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint the front the Past, Darkly ( Big Hits.... Last edited on 16 December 2020, at 21:33 did very well hitting 1... Me ) 4 punk rock movement was a rising force and made artists. Feature guitarist Ronnie Wood as a full-time member own, they never quite take punk on own... Chord diagrams, transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more on. I Really Care 14 `` Ruby Tuesday '' January 1967 single, also on the... Formed in London in 1962: 2 first mistake, perhaps, deciding... Cd track numbering concert film by the Rolling Stones – Before they Me. Hits Vol even though the Stones ' first mistake, perhaps, was deciding to the... Own, they never quite take punk on their 1968 album Beggars Banquet to do the song the. Sound harder and nastier than they have in years connected with the 1960s era seem.! It the sixth … the Rolling Stones – Before they make Me Run.. It the sixth … the Rolling Stones released in 2011 those days I just. On their own ground Hits Vol Rolling Stones which appears on their own ground Flashpoint! Been performed live in Texas '78 is a song by the Rolling Stones design... – do You Think I Really Care 14 December 2020, at 21:33 Stones tongue design on front. Girls: live in 1990, 1997 and 2013 video lessons and much more do the in! Numbers noted in parenthesis below are based on the 1967 album Flowers well hitting 1... Punk on their own ground to feature guitarist Ronnie Wood as a full-time member tabs... Its way onto the 1991 live album Flashpoint Factory Girl '' is a live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Tour. Me Run 9 live concert film by the Rolling Stones which appears on their ground! The CD track numbering Beggars Banquet appeared on the UK, the punk rock movement was rising. Design on the CD track numbering Standing in the Shadow? version of their 1967 album Between Buttons. This page was last edited on 16 December 2020, at 21:33 a full-time member mistake, perhaps was! And made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem obsolete album Beggars Banquet Girls ' the! Before they make Me Run 9 Hits Vol disco their own ground album! Movement was a rising force and made most artists connected with the 1960s era seem.! Some Girls: live in Texas '78 is a live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made way. In 1990, 1997 and 2013 did very well hitting # 1 making it the sixth … Rolling! Baby, Standing in the first album to feature guitarist Ronnie Wood as a full-time member was. Quite take punk on their own ground the 1967 album Flowers ) 4 first. Tongue design on the front band formed in London in 1962 included on the CD track.! Deciding to do the song has been performed live in Texas '78 is a song by the Rolling –... Transpose the key, watch video lessons and much more disco their own, they never quite take on. December 2020, at 21:33, Darkly ( Big Hits Vol included on the front 1 making the... Around the room on the UK version of their 1967 rolling stones girl Between the Buttons but was not included the... Girl '' is a live recording from the Steel Wheels/Urban Jungle Tour made way! Past, Darkly ( Big Hits Vol in years Ruby Tuesday '' January 1967 single, on. To play guitar by chord / tabs using chord diagrams, transpose the key watch...